1-Day Advance Skills for Organic Edible Gardens
Jump Start to Advance Organic Gardening Skills
100% SkillsFuture Credit Claimable!
*Precautionary measures against COVID-19 listed at the bottom of this page.
The Secrets Of Growing Organic Vegetables
This 1-Day hands-on workshop will provide important knowledge and practical tips to building and maintaining Edible Gardens quickly. These skills would normally take a beginner gardener many years of trials and errors to discover.
Participants will learn important gardening techniques and hands-on tricks and start growing Edibles on a bigger scale confidently. Detailed information and step-by-step instructions will be given. Participants will also be shown how to best manage common PESTs and diseases without the use of toxic chemicals.
Pre-Requisites : Already attended our 1-Day Organic Vegetables or 1-Day Culinary Herbs workshop.
This workshop is ideal for people who wish to go into Organic Food production industries. Workers from the Agriculture Industries, Community Gardens, Garden Nurseries, Landscape Companies, Health industries, Facility Management, Condominiums and VWOs will find this workshop very useful.
Anyone who has interest in working with Soil Gardening and Organic Foods will find this workshop a very useful jumpstart. All Professionals and un-employed who wish to catch up with the forthcoming Organic Trends, may want to consider acquiring this new skill in order to expand their new career opportunities.
What You Will Learn
Perfect Soil : Trace Minerals & Mineral-Rich Soil.
Basic Garden Design Layout & Automation.
How to Make Soil Probiotics.
Uses & Benefits of Good Microbes.
How to compost Food & Garden Waste.
Do’s and Don’ts of Composting.
Growing nourishing mineral-rich edibles.
How to have more Leafy Growth.
How to have more Flowers.
How to have sweeter Fruits.
Common Plant Diseases in our Hot Climate.
Symptoms of Mineral Deficient plants.
Treating Mineral-Deficient Plants.
Symptoms of Plants having Fungal Attacks.
Treating Fungal Problems.
Symptoms of Plants having Bacteria Infection.
Managing Pest Attacks Organically :
Fruit Flies, Ants, White Flies, Mites, Termites, etc
Cutting, Air-Layering/Marcotting & Grafting.
Creative Uses of Grafting.
Hands On Activities
This is a HANDS-ON Organic Workshop which means you WILL be getting your hands dirty. Learn step-by-step first hand the actual methods used by Professional Gardeners.
Hands-On Activity : Garden Design
Hands-On Preparing Soil Probiotics.
Hands-On Preparing Food Waste for Composting.
Hands-On Cutting, Air-Layering & Grafting.
What Do People Say About Us?
“Everyone who wants to try gardening but keep failing should attend. It really makes things clearer and easier!” – Dawn (Teacher)
“Joanne is knowledgeable, humble and down to earth. I enjoyed every minute of the workshop and am inspired by her example. I would recommend the course to anyone.” – Loh Lih Woon (Workshop Participant)
“Joanne is very knowledgeable & passionate in what she do. She shares her knowledge unselfishly & I learnt alot from her & benefited from this workshop. Thanks!” – Jana Ng (Workshop Participant)
“Thanks to Gardens With Purpose, I am now enjoying an edible garden in my own front patio! Look how well my vegetables are growing! Looking forward to growing more organic vegetables and providing for my family continuous fresh supply.” – Sherryl Lim
“Good workshops! Trainer(s) dont hold back in sharing knowledge and tips” – Alfred Lee
This Workshop is for the following people:
People who want to up their gardening skills to farming skills.
People who are working or would like to work in Farms.
People who want to get serious about Organic Farming.
People who want to expand their edible gardens.
People who want to keep up with the forthcoming Organic Trends.
People who wants to reduce Toxic food and Toxic LifeStyle
Nature lovers who wishes to get back to nature
This Workshop is NOT for the following people:
People who do not have an open mind and lack the zest in learning any new.
People who have not acquired Green Fingers yet.
People who still prefer using Toxic Chemicals in Agriculture.
People who prefer simple dull life
Details & Fees
**Please notes : The Venue of class may be changed.
Please pay attention to our notification text messages (SMS)
26 Oct 2020, Monday @ TOH ORCHID FARM (ENGLISH)
31 Oct 2020, Saturday @ TOH ORCHID FARM (ENGLISH)
07 Nov 2020, Saturday @ TOH ORCHID FARM (ENGLISH)
Time: 9:30am to 5pm
**Please check ticket name for actual venue.
a) Toh Orchids
84 Sungei Tengah Road, Singapore 698986
Sungei Tengah Agrotechnology Park
(Near Choa Chu Kang MRT)
b) GWP Training Center
479 Sims Avenue, Singapore 387551
(Near Paya Lebar MRT)
Fee : **S$360 per pax
*Standard Single Ticket price. Check out our Special Offers.
Packed Lunch & Transport from Choa Chu Kang MRT Station (for Toh Orchids) will be provided.
At the end of the workshop, you will bring home:
– 5 Types of Vegetable Seeds
– 8 Pots with Veggie Seedlings
– 1 pot of Mulberry Plant
– 1 Litre Soil Conditioner
– 500grams Organic Fertilizer
Bring along one or more friends and enjoy
an additional $25 discount OFF EACH TICKET!
Double the learning, and DOUBLE THE FUN~
Combined with the Early Bird promo, a 2-pax Buddy Early Bird Special is only
Regular 2-pax Buddy Special is now
Sign Up Now by clicking on the button below!
SkillsFuture Credit Usage Information
This workshop is SkillsFuture Credit claimable!
The course code for “1 Day Advance Skills For Organic Edible Gardens” is TGS-2020502544.
- Using your SkillsFuture Credit:
- Before you submit a claim, you must have already completed course registration through our website.
- You can claim up to the full course fee if you have enough credit balance in your SkillsFuture credit account.
- Login to SkillsFuture Credit
- More help and information on using your SkillsFuture Credit
- IMPORTANT! Claim submission period: Claim must be made before the course start date. Please submit immediately after course registration to allow for processing time.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory
*100% Skills Future Credit Claimable for Participants who meet the following criteria,
– Singaporean Age 25 and above
– Have sufficient Skills Future Credit
For steps on how to Submit a claim with SkillsFuture, watch the video below!
Covid-19 Precautionary Measures
To combat the spread of COVID-19 and to protect all workshop participants, the following precautionary measures will be implemented:
– Health and Travel Declaration will take place at the beginning when participants sign in.
– Temperature checks will take place at the beginning when participants sign in.
– Class size will be limited to ensure that no more than 23pax will be present during training.
– Seating arrangements will be made to ensure a 1 metre gap between each participants during lesson.
– Hand Washing area with regular soap are available (regular soap has been proven to be most effective in preventing infections and virus spread)
– A surgical mask will be provided upon request to people who are classified as being in vulnerable groups* (while stocks lasts)
Due to these measures, the following interested participants are advised not to register for our workshop(s) till 14days later and are feeling healthy as they will not be allowed to enter the training room. People who:
1. Have been to mainland China, France, Germany, Iran, Italy, South Korea or spain in the last 14days
2. All travellers who have entered Singapore after 20 Mar 2020 2359hrs
3. Have come into close contact with any person who has been quarantined as a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the last 14days
4. Are displaying symptoms of illness
*vulnerable groups are people
– above 65yrs of age
– at risk due to underlying medical conditions (e.g. heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, chronic respiratory diseases, cancer)
– at risk due to a compromised immune system from a medical condition or treatment (e.g. chemotherapy)